Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Preparing to Pond Hop

I'm writing to keep friends and family updated on my happenings and experiences in Birmingham England. I am participating in an exchange from Ryerson University in Toronto to the University of Central England (UCE). I leave in one week (January 24th) and make my return to Canada on June 15th. My goal is to travel a good deal within Europe, meet some new people and .....study. As of now my unknowns heavily outweigh what I know about the coming months. I know that I have a plane to catch and room in residence to stay in once I arrive. Other than that it seems that things like choosing classes, exploring Birmingham, meeting my 5 new roomates and everything else that might come along with English culture will be picked up as I go. Im pretty excited to get going and equally nervous when I realize what is being left behind.

I was in Toronto over the past weekend for a last visit, I stayed at Stef and Carina's house and had a wicked weekend consisting of mexican food, dance-offs at Mick E Fynns, breaking into an abandoned brick factory to take pictures, lots of pizza and a meeting with my prof Dr. Kosny who has put the exchange together.

Next time something gets written here, I will be in England unpacking (the bags that I haven't started packing yet), wondering what the hell a "lorry" is and most likely having a meal of bangers and mash.

I think that I can post pictures on this in a gallery of some kind. We'll see if I can figure that out. See ya.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home