Monday, January 29, 2007

Arrival of the Fittest

Hey Canada,

So, I'm in England and happy to say that everything is really awsome so far. The trip over was easy enough, consisting of a plane, a bus and a taxi. I'm living in an apartment style house on the ground floor with an American guy Joe from Chicago, Arri the Austrian, and Ben, Andy and Joel from England. There are tons of international students, I actually know less British people than internationals, which I find funny. When we walk down the street I feel like a miniature United Nations.
Birmingham is a really wicked city, it used to be super industrial, but over recent years it has been getting a major overhaul. There are canals running throughout the city and the downtown core is pretty much entirely pedestrian. I'll post some pictures soon enough, but I'm at the school library right now. Speaking of the school(UCE), it is almost a copy of Ryerson, old, ugly and concrete. Right across the street is a greyhound racing stadium, which I'm definately going to check out, maybe win a few quid.
On the weekend a group of about 10 internationals travelled about 40mins by train to Stratford-Upon-Avon, the city of William Shakespeare's birth. It is a fairly small city and a bit of a tourist trap as well, but definately worth the visit. We saw the house where he was born and also his grave inside of a local church (which I think is the best place for him, and I think that most people who had to read his stuff through high school will agree with me).
Everything is rolling pretty well so far, and after less than a week here I can confidently say that it will be a good time. Thats it for now, I might be going to Scotland over the weekend, we'll see what happens. See ya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home