Monday, February 12, 2007

"Throwing Down" at Buckingham Palace


Since you last heard from me I have really settled into life here in England. I couldn't be happier with the people I live with, they're always ready to throw a party, cook a meal and make travel plans. Definately a wicked situation in comparison with last semesters living situation. School is off to a rather slow start, it seems like the British take a more relaxed approach to higher education. I say this now, but undoubtably I will be stuck in the library later on this semester, so I'm enjoying the temporary lull in intense work.

Over this past weekend a group of about 15 travelled to London. 3 days and 3 nights was definately not enough time to see it all. The size, complexity, scenery and the people I was with made for a great time. On Thursday night I stayed with Emily Keogh who was nice enough to lend me her bed for a night. Her student residence was in the most excellent location I could imagine, it is pretty much on Trafalgar Square which is in walking/viewing distance from: Parliment/Big Ben, the River Thames, the London Eye (that huge ferris wheel), countless museums, Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey. The next 2 nights I stayed with the rest of the group at a hotel at King's Cross Tube Station, which was a pretty wild time because of the number of people. We did some London nightlife, but it was difficult to find a place to go that didn't make you pay a 20pound ($40) cover charge. The first night we also found out that the London Underground doesn't run until 1 or 2am like Toronto, which was unfortunate because we were very very far from the hotel and it was pouring rain (of course). All in all a great weekend, but now its book time. At least until next weekend when I go back to London to visit Mom, Bronwyn plus Tessa and Shideh who will also be in town, should be a great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home