Thursday, May 10, 2007

viva l'italia

hello canada,

for those of you in university, i guess you are all finished and in the summer mode by now. i, on the other hand am in the middle of crunch time. papers, exams...you all know how it goes. it has been made somewhat more difficult with the lack of a computer in my room with it being stolen and such, so the library has become my second home. i've got a paper due tomorrow and i was able to compare the rail systems in switzerland vs. canada. basically the paper focuses on how incredible swiss rail is and how much VIA Rail sucks. it will be a riveting read for my prof, i'm sure.

something more exciting than writing papers is going on with me (if you can beleive that anything could be better than whipping up a 3000 word masterpeice). i've decided not to cross back over the atlantic this summer. this summer will be european for me. a few weeks ago i joined an organization called WWOOF (World Wide Organization of Organic Farms), their deal is that organic farms from all over the world join and put their names on a list. then, people like me decide what part of the world they want to live in for a period of time and then start contacting the farms. then...wait to get "hired". they don't pay me, but they do feed me. bonus.

my decision was italy, more specifically tuscany right in between florence and pisa. last week i got a response from a farm offering me a spot. i took it immediately because of the description of what i would be doing: winemaking, beekeeping and sleeping in the same house that napoleon used to spend summers at when he wasn't conquering countries. so when i get back in late august i should be an expert in making (and sampling) wine, and making honey. maybe i'll also get over my fear of getting stung.

one strong reason as to why i chose tuscany is because martina just happens to live 15 minutes away. coincidence? not really.

i had my radio show on tuesday night. as with my previous show on CKCU, i had alot of fun, played some great music, but my friends that listened thought i had some sort of mental deficiency...which may or may not be true. i'll let you decide my mental state, listen in next tuesday from 3-5pm torontonian time. it is streamed via the world wide web at www.scratchradio.co.uk on the top left there is a link that reads "click here to listen", click it.

i've got to churn out another 500 words of pure gold, see you on tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home